Located in the Heart of the Kansas Flint Hills and just west of Junction City is the Fishing Capitol of Kansas - Milford Lake. The largest lake in the State has 163 miles of shoreline where you'll find sandy swimming beaches, 14 public ramps for launching boats, canoes or sailboats. The lake has both public and private campgrounds, a resort, RV sites, cabins and primitive camping sites.
The Fishing Capitol of Kansas
Fishing is what makes Milford Lake special. Anglers will find an abundance of fish; including Wipers, Walleye, Crappie, Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted Bass, Blue and Channel Catfish, and Whitebass. The current Kansas record Smallmouth Bass (6.88 Pounds) was caught at Milford. Milford Lake has been nationally recognized and has hosted some of the most prestigious fishing tournaments in America.
- Junction City has been named as one of the Top 200 Towns in America to Live for Fishing and Hunting
- In-Fisherman - Professional Walleye Trail National Championship
- B.A.S.S. Federation Nation Championship
- Cabela's KingKat National Catfish Championship
- Cabela's National Team Walleye Championship 2003
- Central Pro-Am Association Bass Championship
- B.A.S.S. Bass Club World Championship Regional Qualifier
- Kansas State University/Cabela's Ahearn Scholarship Fishing Tournament
- Kansas Governor's Wildscape Golf and Fish Classic
- Cabela's National Team Walleye Championship 2015
View the lake map here
For more information about visiting Milford Lake and other outdoor attractions, call 800.528.2489, or contact our staff.
Milford Lake related...