Geary County Historical Museum
530 N. Adams St.
The Geary County Historical Museum building served as a high school from 1904 to 1929, and became a all sixth grade school until the late 1960's. Int the 1940's Kindergarten classes were started and in the 1970's Continuing Education and Head start program was housed here. The building was purchased by Junction City philanthropist, Fred Bramlage, and donated to the Historical Society in 1982 as a permanent home for the museum.
Library and archives house an extensive collection of vinatage photographs, including the works of JJ Pennell, newspapers dating from the Civil War and Geary County's genealogical records. Displays include interchanging exhibits and the auditorium provides space for meetings, programs and special displays.