U.S. Cavalry Museum
Custer Ave. and Henry Ave.
Fort Riley ,
The U. S. Cavalry Museum is located in Fort Riley's historic main post district. Originally constructed in 1855 for use as a hospital, the building was remodeled and became headquarters to the Cavalry and Light Artillery School in 1890. In 1957, the building was designated as home of the Cavalry Museum. Visitors enjoy exhibit galleries that take them on a historic tour of the cavalry's history, from the Revolutionary War through inactivation in 1950.
Free admission, donations accepted.
Visitors without a DOD ID card who wish to enter Fort Riley are reminded that a temporary Fort Riley Access Pass or Badge is required
. Cell-Phone usage is not permitted while driving a vehicle on Fort Riley.
Access Control Information