Constructed in 1855 of native limestone, the Custer House reflects Fort Riley's earliest history and authentically depicts military home life on the western frontier during the Indian Wars Period.
It is largely unchanged from its original design and furnished with period furniture from the 1880 through the 1890's.
It is believed that General and Mrs. Custer occupied the sister-set of quarters (#21) while stationed here in 1866.
The Custer House is open to the public for visitation from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Call the U.S. Cavalry Museum for hours of operation.